A special find

I found the neatest old stove in an antique shop on Minnesota avenue to put in my vintage vegetable garden.  It is just the right size as it stands maybe 20 inches tall and has a flat surface on the top to rest a planter,  It  has one loose leg which my son will fix.  It should fit right in.  I have used some regular planters that are redwood color and green.  I set up the window box metal piece I have had for years.  I guess I am a true packrat. the greenhouse had a small rectangle plastic planter to set it in it.   A friend gave me some river rocks in various sizes.  I made the area look like cobble stones by burying them partially in the ground.  It had rained so it was a real soft, muddy mess but I just could not wait.  So the garden is starting to look nice.  The old metal  wheelborrow will hold the squash plants.  I love acorn squash so I hope to they do well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment